Wrecking Permit

No person may raze or demolish a building or salvage from a vacated building, without first obtaining a permit from the City of Chilton.  There shall be full compliance with all City codes as well as State and Federal laws, rules or regulations which may be applicable.

If the building that is to be removed is serviced by sanitary sewer, an inspection of the abandonment must be completed prior to the demolishing.  Contact City Hall at (920) 849-2451 Ext. 301 to schedule an appointment. 

An approved Wrecking Permit is MANDATORY in order to have the Assessor remove the structure from the tax roll, along with the property owner scheduling an appointment with the Building Inspector for final inspection of the demolition or removal of structure when completed.  Structure will not be removed from the tax roll until the final inspection is complete.  


Wrecking Permit application forms can be printed, filled out by hand and returned for processing. Wrecking Permit applications are being processed and issued at this time despite the pandemic. Completed forms can be turned in one of the following ways:

      • Mailed to Chilton City Hall, 42 School Street, Chilton, WI 53014
      • Dropped off in the City Hall Drop Box (located to the left of City Hall front doors)
      • Email completed Wrecking Permit to: jthiel@chiltonwi.gov

Once the Wrecking Permit is received, it will be reviewed and you will be notified of the approval.

Payments for Wrecking Permits are due upon the completion of the approval process and you will be notified by City of Chilton the correct amount owed. Payments can be made one of the following ways:

      • Checks or money orders made to the order of City of Chilton
      • Contact City Hall for a Credit Card/Debit Card payment (additional fees apply).